Friday, January 1, 2010

Adios 2009... Hola 2010!

Say it with me, “2010. 2010. Twenty-ten.” I mean, how fun is it to say?! Being that it’s a new day, a new year, and a new decade, I have quite high aspirations for what’s to come. I’m just really hoping that by 2020 I have some sort of college degree…and that I have more visited countries stamped in my passport. Did anyone decide on a resolution? Besides the obvious resolution, becoming healthier, mine is to study harder, procrastinate less, and have a smaller bar tab.

So, as for out with 2009 and in with 2010, I’m absolutely positive that we most definitely did it justice. Katie and I had a precious “mature” get together at our house where we were surrounded by our ever amazing friends. We set out hors d'oeuvres that consisted of my homemade French onion dip, typical cheese and cracker, veggies and dip, ect. Not to mention about 100 beers in our fridge and 6 bottles of champagne. Can’t forget about our lit candles all around the house! In the words of Chris Kohl, “candles are a sign of maturity.” A wild night at Panama Hattie’s followed our house fiesta. To say the least, we took over the second floor of that bar. As for my New Year’s Kiss…well, I wished just about everyone a Happy New Year.

I was a good little hostess this morning and cooked eggs and sausage for breakfast for those who remained. After a wonderful “next-day” clean up, Katie and I finally took naps and tended to our little friends known as Mr. Hangover. Anyway, to those of you who were with me to bring in this new decade- I’m very grateful for you and I couldn’t ask for a better, more spectacular, beautiful group of friends.

"I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world."
-Sir Elton John

1 comment:

  1. Hi my little Dan - thanks for the photos. I love your blog! I hear one of my daughters was quite taken by a party guest of yours. I also heard you had fun in several places and that Caitlin wants Harry and she wants him bad! Anyway, know that I will always love you as I watch you grow and learn. I do wonder why you never come to visit me though. Love, Trishy

    ReplyDelete