Wednesday, December 30, 2009

...Help From My Friends.

Joe Cocker once sang, “How do I feel by the end of the day?, [are you sad because you're on your own?] No, I get by with a little help from my friends” and it couldn’t have been put more perfect. I’ve realized that about half of my friends have graduated or are just about to graduate college. Now, let’s be serious, as most of you know this is not the case for me. But, hey, it’s totally fine with me because as long as I can travel and not be pulling my hair out over 28 page final papers then I’ll be sure to milk my college career for as long possible!
As 2009 Winter Break dwindles down to it’s last week and we prepare for a New Year, I’m still amazed at the friendships that have stayed strong since high school graduation. Most people would be like, “okay yeah easy, graduation was only 4 years ago”, well a lot, A LOT can happen in 4 years. Marriage, babies, death, new faces, lost faces, change of location, change of major. I’ve discovered some of my best friends this past year, yet in doing so not losing touch with friends since the day I met them years ago. I can honestly say I feel really lucky to have someone to call on for every different situation possible… even when it’s to find out where the hell I parked my car last night.




No comments:

Post a Comment